Questions. Do you change the oil in your car? Do you check the fluids like the transmission, brake, power steering, check your tires? Most people check these things as least once or twice a year or they have it checked when they have their oil changed. Why? To make sure their car is running correctly and efficiently. If your car is out of oil or transmission fluid, you’ll find yourself without a running vehicle.
It’s the same with your gas furnace or heat pump. There are moving parts in your heating system that need to be cleaned and inspected.
Up to 50% of your home’s energy bill is from your heating system system. If it’s not running correctly, you’re losing money to the power company.
Save Your Money!
- FACT: Dirty blowers and coils can cause your utility bill to increase by 35%.
- FACT: If you have to add refrigerant to your air conditioning system that means you have a leak. You are damaging the environment. It costs money to add refrigerant.
- FACT: Keeping your system clean can extend the life of the equipment, saving you money from replacing it.
- FACT: 80% of all compressor failures could have been avoided if a proper maintenance had been performed.
Having a SuperTune on your gas furnace or heat pump system, which at the time may sound like a waste of money, but it will actually save you money in the long run. By administering a preventative maintenance plan on your heating system on a regular, yearly basis it allows you to be aware of your heating and cooling / heat pump system at all times.
Performing a SuperTune check on your system annually can help you identify problems such as rust, rot, frayed wires, leaks and corroded electrical contacts. It is important to do a SuperTune on your gas furnace or heat pump unit at a minimum of one time per year to ensure your unit is operating at peak efficiency which can save you up to 30% on your electrical bill.
Certain components within an air conditioning system require immediate attention upon irregular operation.
• Condenser Coils can become clogged by dust, dirt, pollen and other debris. Because of clogging, the condenser coil loses its ability to pull heat from your system. In turn, it causes the compressor to pull higher amps causing a higher electric bill.
• Dirty filters and evaporator coils which deliver conditioned air into your establishment can cause the evaporator coil to starve for air. Each evaporator coil is designed for a specific volume of air to ensure adequate operation.
Due to the lack of maintenance and knowledge about your cooling system, things such as dirty coils and filters can mean premature failure of your heating and air conditioning/ heat pump unit’s compressor, condenser fan and other system components. In other words, a malfunction of a component within your HVAC system can over-work your unit.
Replacement of an entire heating and cooling unit can be costly. When a heating and air conditioning/ heat pump unit or gas furnace is replaced, it is recommended to replace the duct work in its entirety to ensure no leakage throughout your duct work system.
Choosing a SuperTune/preventative maintenance plan that best fits you and your system is the best option to avoid replacing your entire air conditioning/ heat pump system.